12 Ways to Improve Your Mood Fast…
If you’re feeling a bit blue or stressed, you might be surprised to hear that are lots of ways to lift your mood quickly. It’s natural to feel ‘off’ during the day, considering dealing with everyday stressors.
But, you don’t have to stay in this state which can bring you down and deter you from achieving daily goals. Obviously, mindset is both the culprit when in a down mood-state but it is also the key to moving past.
There are 12 steps you can take to improve your mood and fast. Skeptical? Try these and see!
- Put some drops of lavender and orange essential oils in a diffuser. These oils have been shown to help with anxiety and to promote calmness and positivity.
- Have a snack. A handful of nuts or a square of dark chocolate will send endorphins flooding into your brain and lift your mood fast.
- Get some sunshine. Go outside and get some fresh air and some sunshine, Studies have shown that people who have significant exposure to light have less depression, fewer sleep problems and are even more productive. If you can’t make it outside, go and look out of a window.
- Go for a walk. Even walking around the block will help to lift your heart rate and energy levels. If you aren’t able to go outside, then stand up and walk around your chair or your house for a brain energizer.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Breathe in and out deeply three times. Focused breathing lowers your blood pressure and calms the mind.
- Lift your shoulders up to your ears and then let them drop. Do this three times and feel the tension ebb away. It’s easy to hold onto a lot of tension and stress without realizing it.
- If you’re feeling nervous before an interview or presentation, go into the stairwell or the restroom. Breathing in, open your arms wide, breathing out give yourself a big hug. It’s almost impossible to do this without smiling.
- Smile! Smile and make eye contact with a colleague or the guy in the coffee shop or the person serving you at the deli. The physical act of using your smile-muscles can genuinely make you feel happy. And it’s contagious. Chances are you’ll make them smile too and improve their day.
- Stand up straight, lift your head and throw your shoulders back. Adopt a Wonder Woman or Superman pose and feel the change in your energy.
- A cup of tea or coffee will instantly lift your mood. You probably know that caffeine is a stimulant, but even low or no caffeine hot drinks will give you a boost or calm you down whether it’s chamomile or green tea, a chai latte or hot water and lemon.
- Listen to music that you love. You can choose custom mood music, or play your old favorites. Music has been shown to have a powerful effect on mood.
- Ask for a hug. Probably not from your boss, but a family member or friend would love to give you the instant comfort of an embrace; a pet will do and, if you have no one around, wrap your arms around and hug yourself.
See, these are really easy ways to change your down-turn into an up-turn. The more you do them, the more you will feel better and be able to deal with whatever life gives you.
If you need help gaining clarity on your business or career goals, or in developing your action plan, why not get some help – stop the struggle and call today to get started. I’d love to help you build the career and business of your dreams! https://eliteleadershipsuccessinstitute.com