Whether you are a job seeker or are wanting to get ahead in the workplace, here are questions you should be asking:
- Are there any new projects going on and how can I help with those?
- What issues is the company, or my department, facing?
- Are there work tasks that aren’t getting done that I can jump in and complete?
- What solutions can I come up with that would help get the work done?
- What problems might my boss be facing and how I can I support him/her?
As employers are looking for solutions to their work problems, being solution-focused is a key that will get you in the game!
If you want to be happier in your career and your life, here are some quick suggestions from the author of the book, Happy for No Reason (Shimoff, 2008):
- Take ownership for your own happiness
- Focus on gratitude and forgiveness
- Listen to your inner voice
- Find your passion and follow your inspiration
- Surround yourself with support
Today’s fun facts relate to your job search and tracking your progress, which is vital to your success. You can’t keep doing the same things over and over if you’re not getting the results you want (that’s insanity, right?). I believe in creating a feedback system but here are three online sites to make your job search easier:
Happy Hunting and TGIF!