Do you ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed or inactive in moving your business forward? You know, you have marketing tasks to do, phone calls to make or people to network with but you find yourself sitting and staring at the empty ‘to do’ list or the phone.
I know I have those moments when I feel overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. After all, we are in the last quarter of the year, which means it’s time to ‘pour it on’ and end the year on a high note, while planning for being great in the new year.
It can feel rather overwhelming, or downright frightening, for which is the correct way to go that will result in new clients and increased sales. Here are some tips that I use to move me out the ‘fear zone’ and taking it slow and steady ( i.e. the Kaizen way):
- practice mindfulness – when I have those frustrating moments, I work on sitting in silence, taking some deep breaths, going outside, listening to some happy music and the like; refocusing on self-care practices helps to bring calm during stress-filled times
- make lists – I find that writing down all the tasks on my plate is the best way to move past any resistance – after all, you can’t resist what you don’t know. Taking paper and writing all tasks for each area of your business (or life) that need done, such as writing articles, creating products, finding speaking engagements, your calendar, finances, etc. will lead to prioritizing, or letting go, of each task, with dates attached
- get help – one of the hardest things to do in your business is recognizing that you can’t do it all and asking for help. This can include: a business coach, a mastermind group, a mentor, a social media or branding expert, or a virtual assistant. Another list to make is to write down the tasks that need done and then marking what tasks you love to do or absolutely need to do, which leaves the rest to outsource
- scheduling – one of the best ways to feel on track is to have a calendar or schedule for when tasks need to be done or completed; I find working backwards helps with planning as well as coming up with all of the steps, money, people, etc. I need to include. With this system, there is no worry about when things need to get done as they’ve already been planned
- just start – moving past resistance does include knowing what is the blockage but often it is something that has been there for while – fearful thoughts, anyone? – so taking a deep-dive and starting will move you past any resistant feelings. This can look like ‘eating the frog’ and doing the hardest thing first or starting with the task that creates the least resistance and moving forward. Any action that is recognized is one that increases confidence and banishes any fears
I well-know how frustrating it can be to want to grow our business but feeling stuck – it doesn’t have to stay; following the steps above will give you the push you need. You can move past any resistance and have the business you desire. I believe you in you!
If you’d like help with starting or growing your business, contact us today – http://www.cyscoaching.com