This week is National Kindness Week so I’m putting it out there to do something (or several) everyday to show kindness to others. We live in a VERY unkind world these days that it makes me shake my head at some stories I read and hear.
Being kind, just like gratitude, takes the focus off of you and puts it to others. Being kind doesn’t take much, or have to cost a lot of money – it’s up to you of what’s in your heart. But, you would be making a huge difference to someone else. Here are a few quick and easy ways to spread kindness to others:
- give thanks to someone else – give compliments or say thank you to someone for something they did, or for just being them
- send cards – who wouldn’t want to receive a card or small note in the mail, or in person? Recognize someone from your past who made a difference, such as a former teacher or mentor
- donate – this can be either your time or in monetary terms, say to your favorite charity or a cause you believe in
- send out positive thoughts, or pray, for someone; we all can use these
- pay it forward – buy the meal or coffee for the person in front, or back, of you
- small acts go a long way – hold the door open for someone, carry groceries for another
In recognition, I’d like to say ‘thank you’ to those who follow me; you rock!