It’s hard to believe that in just six weeks we will be facing another new year. It seems surreal that the busiest of holidays are almost upon us and all that they bring. So my question is – are you ready for the new year and all that you want it to bring? Will you hit the ground running or will you be doing a slow crawl, unsure of where to go or what to do?
If you’re smart (and I’m sure you are 🙂 you will use these last weeks of the year to map out 2014; this answers the question of how you want your career, your business and your life to look like. I really liked to Mind-Map everything, as it give me the ability to brain dump any and all ideas as well giving me a visual picture of any and all goals & action steps I need to take. This tool is not limiting what’s already in my head; it just allows them to come out freely.
To Map out 2014, I believe you can’t move forward until you review how this year went, so some areas to look at:
- Your goals – did you reach them? How did you get there? Are they still important to you? Which do you need to let go of?
- Your ‘wins’ – what accomplishments did you reach?
- Your road-blocks – what stood in your way, i.e. financial, support, missed opportunities?
Now that you have this information, it’s time to map out the new year by following these steps:
- Dream big – take time to sit, with pen & paper, and your mind map, and allow your mind to visualize how you ‘see’ your career, business, and your life in this next year. List everything that comes to you
- Map out all the steps under each main category that you think it will take
- Your main goal(s) that you want to accomplish this year and the time reach them – prioritize the goals you’ve listed, with start and end dates; it is helpful to plan out by months or quarters
- Definitely map out January so you will be in action-mode come the first of the year
Once this is done, you can relax and enjoy your holidays knowing full-well that your best is yet to come!
If you want any help in mapping out your 2014 year, don’t hesitate to contact me; http://www.cyscoaching,com