One of the biggest trends in the coaching industry is the study of neuroscience, or how the brain works. Understanding the biological, physiological and psychological functions of the brain – or the why we do what we do – is what helps in clients making their desired goals and results.
I believe that leaders also need to understand the brain as, after all, they are using coaching techniques in dealing with their workers (or should be); they also need to understand the how’s and why’s of their worker’s behaviors and how to get the most out of them. Having a better understanding of the brain would help to:
- understand human behavior and how it affects the workplace
- have more acceptance when tangible concepts are used, which leads to more self-awareness
- gives insights into how thoughts are formed, and the areas responsible for motivation and achievement to get the most of them
- can lead to asking better questions, improving focus, and providing resources
- have more effective communication and interpersonal interactions
- understand why change is difficult and then having tools to move workers through them more easily
There are many more benefits but understanding functions of the brain would give the leader a ‘toolbox’ to more effectively lead their workers. Understanding the individual differences we all have goes a long way to acceptance; it goes a long way to enhancing decision making, critical thinking, and motivation, all of which are necessary in the workplace.
There are plenty of resources that leaders can access to aid in this knowledge, one of which is the book from David Rock, Your Brain at Work: Strategies for overcoming distraction, regaining focus, and working smarter all day long.
Leaders are charged with getting work done, which is done by the people they hire. Understanding them better, and the way they work, will go a long way to being more effective in their leadership abilities and in creating happier and higher performing workplaces. It all starts with understanding the brain.
If you’d like to learn more about the brain and how to get the most out of yourself, and your people, we’re here to serve. We have our Fableader program where we will:
- Look at your goals, challenges you are facing, and opportunities you might be missing.
- Uncover any hidden problems that may be sabotaging your desired results
- Create an action plan and implement it together so that you finally get the results you have been looking for but were unable to find.
- Address challenges that come up along the way, leaving you feeling renewed, re-energized, and inspired to take action and get faster results
If you’re ready to get started, contact us today to schedule your Fableader Breakthrough Strategy Session: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at http://cyscoaching.com and our blog at https://allaboutcareerssite.com.